Sunday, April 17, 2011

Botanical Gazette Easter Egg Easel Card

Here's another version of an egg-shaped easel card, but in a little different style than the punch art easel cards in my last post:



For this one, I adhered strips of Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper to a rectangle of So Saffron Card Stock and then ran that through the Big Shot on the Scallop Oval Frame die to create the front or display part of the easel.  I actually have some cool frames left from that, and am hoping to use those to create another project.  I'll post those when I get them done!

The Pumpkin Pie scallop strips on the egg are pieces that were trimmed off of Pennant die cuts.  The small strip on the center is Early Espresso Card Stock ric rac, cut out with the Tasteful Trim die. 

To create the piece with the greeting on it, I stamped the image from the Four Frames stamp set in Early Espresso onto Vellum Card Stock.  I stamped "happy easter" from the A Good Egg stamp set in the middle of the frame.  I then punched that out using the Decorative Label Punch, and adhered it onto a piece of Sahara Sand Card Stock that had been punched out with the Decorative Label Punch.  I used Anywhere Glue Stick to adhere the vellum so the adhesive would not show through.

The little butterflies are from the Clearly For You set, and were stamped in Early Espresso Classic Ink onto Vellum Card Stock.  I sponged Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink onto the opposite side of the vellum.  I glued that to Whisper White Card Stock, and then carefully trimmed that out. 

For the finishing touch, I added a couple of little pearls from the Basic Pearl Jewels.

I have more fun Easter and spring projects to share with you this week!  Please stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat easel cards, Michelle! And they were just in time for Easter! Marlene Caravello