Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Very Hoppy, Happy Easter Punch Art Card

The kids are off on spring break this week, so I need to type quickly before the boys start wrestling again, but wanted to share with you an Easter punch art card I made for my most recent swap with my friend Marlene Caravello.  I thought it would be fun to make a tri-fold card with a scene of chicks and a bunny.  Here is how it turned out:



The chicks and bunny bodies are made with the Owl Punch.  I just trimmed off the owls ear tufts and for the bunny, also trimmed off the feet.  The chicks' wings and the bunny's ears, arms and legs are the smallest leaf from the Blossom Petals Punch. 

The clouds are the top of the cupcake from the Cupcake Punch. 

The grass, which was created using the Dotted Scallop Border Punch, is a green pattern from the Play Date Designer Series Paper (I also used paper from this package for the chicks' wings and the bunny). 

The flowers are made with the Boho Blossom Punch.  I just snipped in between each petal, and added a small Daffodil Delight circle in the center.  I used the Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Marker to add some color around the edge of the circle and some dots inside the circle. 

For the balloon, I used the 1-1/4 circle punch and a punch from the Punch Trio to create the Pretty in Pink pieces.  I stamped the greeting, which is from the Well Scripted Set, using Melon Mambo Classic ink.

On the back side of the card, I decorated the middle panel like this:




Again, the flowers are made using the Boho Blossoms Punch.  I used a small circle (actually punched with the Owl Punch) for the center and used the marker again to add some details.

Wow!  The boys actually let me finish a longer post than I thought I could!  Please let me know if you have any questions about how I made anything.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Beate said...

Adorable trifold card!
Happy Easter!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

This is the neatest card, Michelle! My club members absolutely loved it to the point of trying to recreate the scene for their Easter cards! Thank you for sharing your talent and artistry! That is the cutest card I have seen!!! Marlene Caravello